What: CCC Annual Copyright License Info Session
When: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 1:00 PM EST
Where: Online (via Zoom)
Colleges and universities depend on information. It is essential to every academic institution — from the classroom to the president’s office. But when that information is copyright-protected, it can be challenging to ensure that faculty, researchers and other staff members have the rights they need to use and share it.
The Annual Copyright License from Copyright Clearance Center provides content users campus-wide with the copyright permissions they need in a single, multi-use license. The license offers coverage regardless of where instruction is taking place - on campus or online. Created in partnership with colleges and universities, the Annual Copyright License was designed to meet the unique copyright challenges faced by today’s academic institutions.
Join us on January 13th at 1 PM EST for an information session on The Annual Copyright License and learn how the license provides:
- Comprehensive coverage for most content users on campus
- Quick and convenient “check & go” copyright permissions
- Real savings — time and money
- Coverage for reuse of content in coursepacks, electronic course materials, class handouts, library reserves, administrative photocopies, internal e-mail, intranet postings and more
- The ability for faculty, researchers and others, including off-campus copy shops and coursepack providers, to collaborate freely while respecting intellectual property rights
For this session, we will be joined by Catherine Dixon, the Library Director of St. John's College, who will discuss her institution's approach to copyright compliance and the role that The Annual Copyright License has played in its overall program.
This session will not be recorded, so be sure to register and join us live.
Karen Melanson Catherine Dixon
Licensing Consultant Library Director
Copyright Clearance Center St. John's College