If you are in the U.S. and manufacturing and distributing copies of a song which you did not write, and you have not already reached an agreement with the song's publisher, you need to obtain a mechanical license. This is required under U.S. Copyright Law, regardless of whether or not you are selling the copies of the song you made.

Copyright Clearance Center has teamed up with HFA to be able to offer music licenses that complement our existing text-based Annual Copyright License and our Motion Picture License:


Songfile® is a fast and easy way to license cover songs for physical, digital, ringtones and interactive streaming distribution. More than 70,000 users have accessed HFA’s online service for limited quantity licensing. 

Not sure what song you want to record?
Songfile’s free online search capability lets you look up millions of songs.

Contact Us Today for information on our copyright licensing solutions for print, digital, movies and music! 
Copyright Clearance Center | 222 Rosewood Drive | Danvers, MA 01923 | 978-750-8400 | www.copyright.com

To get started with Songfile®, please complete the form below: